When it comes to household bugs and pests, these unwanted guests can change visibility and impact your home. While buying chemical bug spray is tempting, these products can contain toxic chemicals that are unhealthy for you and your family.
Pests such as cockroaches, ants, spiders, and termites, can damage your property and spread infections. The best way to keep these pests away is to use chemical sprays or call the pest control service. But also try out these top natural pest control tips and tricks to keep off pests and keep your house clean and disease-free.
Keep The Kitchen & Bathroom Clean
Pests grow in dirty and damp places. To avoid bug infestation, keep the kitchen counters, bathrooms, racks, and drawers clean. Wipe them regularly with a disinfectant cleaner. Also, if food particles are lying out in the open, throw them or attract more insects.
Keep your bathrooms dry and clean. Wash the sink once a week with a heavy bathroom cleaner. Ensure the drain is not clogged with hair or soap particles and is always covered. These small steps will keep the bathroom hygienic and pest-free for a longer time.
Keep Indoors Dry
Bugs and pests like bodies of water, so keep the house dry whenever possible. A sink is a cockroach home, so drain that water as soon as the dishes are complete. Wipe spills or puddles that form water pools. Plus, nobody will keep you from falling and also no cockroaches. Fix sinks, leaky pipes, appliances, or bathroom fixtures, so they don’t drip water.
Peppermint oil naturally repels ants, mosquitoes, spiders, mice, and other pests. Put some drops of peppermint oil in one cup of water, shake and spray the mixture around windows, drains, doorways, and vents.
The Neem oil kills over 100 species of insects. Spray neem oil on indoor plants to help control thrips, aphids, and whiteflies.
Use Plants & Flowers
Pyrethrin is from the chrysanthemum flower. Spray pyrethrin on mosquitoes, flies, moths, fleas, or bug bodies to quickly kill them.
The pleasant scent from lavender plants repels fleas, moths, flies, and mosquitoes. Put dried lavender or their sachets in closets, or spray a mixture of five to ten drops of this lavender oil in a cup of water around your home to keep bugs away.
Mint is another beneficial ingredient that repels pests without making a mess. It keeps everyday pests and bugs like mosquitoes, flies, and ants away. You can keep mint leaves around your doors, windows, and anywhere else where insects can come in. You can also plant mint around these entrances, keep bugs away, and lend a refreshing scent to your entryways.
- Salt: Salt is a beneficial ingredient to help get rid of bugs and pests. Sprinkle salt around windows, doors, and carpets to stop ants and fleas from coming.
- Vinegar And Water Mix Spray: Combine half vinegar and half water in a spray bottle. Spray this on any bugs or ants you come across.
- Cayenne Pepper Or Coffee: You can also use cayenne pepper, cornmeal, or some brewed coffee around the area where the ants are coming. These ingredients will prevent the ants from smelling the food in your home and their fellow pests.
- Dish Soap Spray: For a spray mixture that will kill the bugs in your home, clean up your surfaces, and create water and a dish soap mixture. Fill the spray bottle half full, and then add 10 to 20 drops of dish soap. Shake and then spray the problematic areas.
- Citrus: Orange and lemon essential oils are significant pest restraints. You can also use pure and undiluted lemon juice to spray around cracks. Place lemon or orange peels in cupboards, shelves, drawers, and other places where spiders and other pests can sneak. Lemon peels are supposed to be effective for moths in cabinets.
These tips and ways are several substances that you can use to keep bugs and pests away from your home. Chemical sprays can be effective, but they’re also harmful to you. However, using some humanly and natural ways can also get rid of bugs and pest infestation. So, use the above methods to keep your house pest and chemical-free.