Outdoor cushions are just as important as furniture itself. There’s no need to spend a hefty amount on custom-made outdoor cushions when you can choose from so many high-quality, excellent options in the market. Cushions are available in many patterns and colors with different sizes to get the perfect fit. Here are some of the best cushions for outdoor furniture you can buy.
IN4 Care Outdoor Indoor Chair Seat Cushions, Patio Chair Pads
The chair cushion is a high-quality polyester cover and foam filling to provide soft seating even on the most challenging chairs. The cushions can be both indoors and outdoors. These square seat cushions are waterproof and water repellant, which means they won’t fade away under the sun for more than 500 hours.
You get five color options: blue geometry, blue stripes, blue tamara paisley, geometry grey, and geometry red. You can also buy them in sets of four.
Classic Accessories Montlake Water-Resistant Outdoor Chaise Lounge Cushion
This sleek lounge cushion gets an average of 4.7-star ratings from customers. You can choose from three sizes and ten colors. These cushions are a fade-resistant cover and high-density foam-filled inside. The cushion cover is dyed in a FadeSafe solution to prevent fading. It is also water repellant, so no worries about rain.
The block-stitched construction will give your cushion both a classic and modern look. Another great feature is the locking zippers of the cushion. They disappear in garages after use to prevent your furniture from scratching. In addition to this, you get a one-year limited warranty.
Andover Mills Sarver Outdoor Cushions (Set of 2)
These cushions have an average rating of 4.8 stars for their comfort and quality. The cushions are also eco-friendly as they have 100% post-consumer recycled water bottles. These outdoor cushions are reversible, and you can secure them with the furniture using ties at the back. However, the covers aren’t removable; hence you’ll have to do spot cleaning. Available in a set of two, you can choose from five different color options.
RSH Décor Indoor Outdoor Tufted Wicker Settee 3 Piece Cushions
Perfect for both indoor and outdoor use, this three-piece set is everything you want in your outdoor cushion set. You can choose from a wide range of 20 color options and two different size options. The cushions are covered in fade and water-resistant polyester fabric and have polyester fill. However, some colors come with canvas covers.
Longshore Tides Outdoor Cushions
Some sectionals need deep seat cushions, and if that’s the case, these cushions are remarkable for their price. You will get a bottom cushion six inches deep and a large back pillow in the set. Both the cushions have fade-resistant and water-resistant fabric to protect them from rain and sun damage. With this, the cushions have polyester fiberfill that will prevent sagging and retain the shape. You can choose between a handful of colors.
Which Material And Cover To Consider While Buying Outdoor Cushions?
Although they all look the same, they vary in material and cover if you pay attention carefully. Avoid buying cheap covers as they will fade away very soon and may get mold and mildew.
- Sunbrella Fabrics – It is a patented fabric that is solution-dyed acrylic. This means that the actual material is dyed itself. Sunbrella is the best fabric you can choose, which justifies its high price. These are water-resistant, fade-resistant, and chlorine safe.
- Cotton Canvas – These are affordable and can be dyed, but they are not water-resistant. You might face problems with mold and mildew. That’s why they need treatment with a waterproof application.
- Vinyl – Also known as PVC, vinyl is probably the cheapest option you’ll find. However, vinyl doesn’t do very well in the heat. They get very hot when kept under the sun and might give you a burn when you first sit down.
Seat Core Material
- Dacron – Polyethylene Terephthalate or PET is a thermoplastic synthetic polymer resin that use to make luxury beds. It is also known by the brand name Dacron. These cushions are firm, and they do not flatten over time. The material gives a tight and well-kept appearance to the cushion.
- Polyester Fill – It is a soft, fluffy, and cheap material that provides no support. This cushion also flattens over time.
- Clustered Polyfill – It is the same as above. The only difference is that the polyfill is made into tiny balls or wrapped into bundles. This makes the cushions more firm.
The Bottom Line
While there are many aspects to consider while buying outdoor cushions, it’s best to go with a fade-resistant, water-resistant, and chlorine-safe set. Also, don’t fall into the trap of cheap deals as they do not perform well, and your money will get wasted.